Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Project field for task/event (similar to Location)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Project field for task/event (similar to Location)
Project field for task/event (similar to Location) 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
It would be really cool if Rainlendar would have a Project: field for tasks/events.

I'm using Rainlendar as my primary GTD tool. Every week, I go through a list of projects and figure out which ones are untasked (don't have tasks assigned to them), which tasks have been completed, etc.

I'd also like the ability to sort by Project in the manager and print in the sorted manner. I suggest a field named X-PROJECT (or PROJECT if it's tolerable) for the vCalendar file.

(If anyone else wants this, please comment.)
PoojanWagh
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Project field for task/event (similar to Locati 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I see this could be useful. For my - more limited and not so well organised - use, I usually stick a couple of categories in the skin for this purpose. But obviously, this is not workable with more than a couple of running projects.

However - IF you like the idea Rainy, I really think you should consider tabular export from manager (or *.csv) - that way it is reasonably easy to calculate time-sheets etc.

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Csv import/export is at least planned. I don't know about the project field though. Custom fields cause problems with interoperability with other calendar apps. What would be the benefits from this compared to using the categories like okh suggests?
Rainy
graph

Actually, I guess there isn't any benefit relative to categories.

I was previously under the impression that you had to enter Categories in the skin. I didn't realize (until I just tried it) that you could ad-hoc enter Categories in the event/todo item.
PoojanWagh
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop