Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Some forum suggestions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Some forum suggestions
Some forum suggestions 8 Years ago  
the forum, of course, is great. but the forum software is a bit off. for example, selecting preview before posting brings up a window that hangs and all lines are centered. and the html layout is off - right side login box etc collides with forum topics list, flex perhaps?

i find it extremely useful and efficient to read forum posts in rss (Thunderbird or GreatNews). a few suggestions here:

1)don't include "Subject:" in the subject
2)use the poster's login name instead of www.rainlendar.net as the Sender
3)please have forum replies have a reference id to the initial topic so that posts can be threaded by topic and kept together. you don't need hierarchical referencing ie reply to reply to reply like newsgroups if that's hard, just all replies ref to the starting topic.
4)in Tb, i can define a feed to just get a summary rather than load a web page - here that means just 2 lines of a post. the feed summary should just be the entire post encapuslated.

rainy i don't know if you or your provider would do this - but if it's you, i'm sure working on rl is more important.

thanks.<br><br>Post edited by: alta88, at: 2006/11/12 16:25
alta88
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some forum suggestions 8 Years ago  
alta88 wrote:

Sounds like you actually are voting for newsgroups/usenet, but in a browser
Oldorf
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
NNTP - Usenet - Newsgroups rocks, Forum's [CENSORED]

Re:Some forum suggestions 8 Years ago  
Yes, there are limitations in the forum software but these free ones rarely are perfect. Unfortunately I don't have time to start improving the forum so I can only wait and hope that the official developers will fix the bugs and annoyances.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop