Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple ToDo Windows
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiple ToDo Windows
Multiple ToDo Windows 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi,
Is it currently possible to have two, or three "To-do" like windows ?
Do some skins offers the option ?
Lothor
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multiple ToDo Windows 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
Yes. Just go to the Options->Skins, click the advanced button and move as many todo windows to the active side as you wish. You probably want to have different tasks in the different lists so double click on the todo window to open the settings dialog for it and choose the calendar or categories which the list should display.
Rainy
graph

Re:Multiple ToDo Windows 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hey guys,
Sorry for reviving a 3 years old post but I gotta similar question.

I followed the instruction and managed to open multiple ToDo List. The purpose of this was because my current ToDo list is PACKED and it seems to be disorganized. I wanted 1 ToDo list window where its for ShortTerms and the other for LongTerms. when I opened 2 ToDo list, they seem to be duplicates of one another and connected. If I add a task into 1 ToDo list, it'll automtaically show up on the 2nd ToDo list too..

Is there way to open multiple ToDo list and handle it individually instead of it being interconnected?

Thanks in advance!
danroh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Welcome to the forum, danroh.

By default, every ToDo list shows all the calendars.
To show 2 different lists you need to, right click on a window -> select Options -> Skins -> Advanced>>> -> On the right side, select one of the ToDo lists -> click on the Settings button below -> In the lower side of the dialog click on included/excluded calendars/categories.

If you have 2 calendars (ShortTerms and LongTerms) then you can simply select one of the ToDo List and include the ShortTerms calendar and then select the 2nd and include LongTerms calendar.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Hey Jorge, thanks for the quick reply.
Through your help, I managed to find myself with 2 To Do lists that arent identical.

They're both still called "TO DO" even after doing that.. "included / Excluded". After playing around with it abit, I have NO idea what they are for and how they're used (both calender and category ones).

Also, currently, I got 2 TO DO lists, 1 packed and the other empty.
When I right click on the empty TO DO list and add new task, it keeps displaying the task on the packed TO DO list. I cant seem to control which TO DO list I want things to be posted on..
danroh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The "TO DO" list title is fixed. You can't change that, unless you use a skin which let you change the title.

When you say ShortTerms and LongTerms, are you referring about how many items the list would show?
This could be changed with right click -> Options -> Advanced -> Task list section -> future days the list shows.

But if you don't want to repeat items in both lists, you need to set a way to split those items.

Check how many calendars you have (Right click -> Options -> Calendars). If you have only one ("Default" by default) you will need to create a 2nd one (Click on Add... and add a new iCalendar format file or Google Calendar file, or... etc., call it "LongTerms" or "ShortTerms" for example). Another way (more complicated) is to create a category. So, you will have Holidays, Trips, Birthdays, ..., ShortTerms and LongTerms (one or both). Then you will need to add at least one category to each task.

Calendars have events/tasks. Each one has categories. You can show in the ToDo list only the calendars you want (Include) or show all but hide the calendars you don't want (Exclude). The same thing about categories.

You can have only the default calendar, and have an event list with only the birthdays listed ("categories included: Birthday, excluded: none")
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop