Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

To do & Event height
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: To do & Event height
To do & Event height 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
I'm not sure wether this has been suggested but...

Make it possible to have the maximum height of the To do and Event windows to constant ( no resize regardless of To do/Event amount )

And/Or

Make the To do and Event windows go downwards instead of upwards.

In other words, have the To do and Event windows glued to the calender !

It is for me anoying that the calender moves upwards on the desktop, I allways keep it at the lower right part of the screen, but depending on the amount of To do's and/or Events, the calender moves opwards or even out of the screen.
Oldorf
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
NNTP - Usenet - Newsgroups rocks, Forum's [CENSORED]

Re:To do & Event height 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
You can set the height in Shadow4 skin from Options->Skins->Advanced->Shadow4 - Event List->Settings->Eventlist height (and the same for the todo list).

You can also use the Sidebar window from Shadow4 which has the calendar, the event list and the todo list all in the same window.
Rainy
graph

hmm.. I just tried that and my sidebar doesn't show up
right click -> Windows -> Sidebar
to make sure it was checked, and it's still not showing up on my desktop

I'm retarded I guess..
Maybe a few of us could get together and make a tutorial wiki or documentation and help files by using all of the questions that have been answered on the forums

this really is a great piece of software - bought the pro version i liked it so much, but it is limited to attracting only a few new people I think because it lacks good documentation and easy ways for people to find and do things, the usability can be complicated sometimes but I think over time that will improve.

for example: in google calendar if I want to add a new event, I can just click on a day and start typing away - where as on rainlendar, from what I know so far from using it, I have to right click somewhere on the calendar/event/todo boxes and hope that it registers and brings up the rainlendar menu
xzk
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Does the log show any errors related to the sidebar? It also could be that the window is outside the screen for some reason (although Rainlendar should prevent this from happening).

Yes, I can set up a wiki if there is interest for it. It might be a better place to write e.g. the skinning docs as the current help system is somewhat limited.

You can add new events also by double clicking the day on the calendar (this is mentioned in the manual .
Rainy
graph

Thanks for the reply

Rainy wrote:
You can set the height in Shadow4 skin from Options->Skins->Advanced->Shadow4 - Event List->Settings->Eventlist height (and the same for the todo list).
Allready done that, but that only forces a maximum height, not a constant height.
Allthough this is not what I'm actually looking for.
What I'm looking for is an option to tell the event and/or to do windows to grow upwards instead of downwards, so that the calender stays in it's original position.

You can also use the Sidebar window from Shadow4 which has the calendar, the event list and the todo list all in the same window.
The siderbar is cool, but I prefer to have the calendar at the bottom of the screen not the top !
Oldorf
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
NNTP - Usenet - Newsgroups rocks, Forum's [CENSORED]

do you have a screenshot of the sidebar?
i cant figure out why mine isnt showing up
xzk
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop