Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Help with making a Skin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Help with making a Skin
Re:Help with making a Skin 4 Years, 3 Months ago  
hey there i am again...-.-"

i am having a problem with defining the tooltip in my own skin like you can see...the upper tooltip is the source of my background and the the one underneath is how it looks in my skin....

below i posted an excerpt of my skin.xml...i think the problem is that i cant figure out how to set the margins for the scaling...i tried many different values but this was the best result i could get...but maybe i made another mistake...
thats why i am asking if someone can help me please....

<tooltip id="Tooltip" threshold="48" offset="56,4" textmargins="7,6,9,22">
<background id="Tooltip.background" element="bitmap.tooltip.background" margins="0,13,15,27" scaling="TILE" origin1="TOP-LEFT" x1="0" y1="0" origin2="BOTTOM-RIGHT" x2="0" y2="0" />
<header>
<appearance element="font.tooltip" color="0,0,0" effect="NORMAL" weight="BOLD" align="TOP-LEFT" />
</header>
<item>
<appearance element="font.tooltip" color="255,255,255" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
</item>
</tooltip>
Sebuzahn
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/07/31 12:43 By Sebuzahn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Try increasing the right margin (the third number). The margins must match to the first tooltip image so the right margin needs to be large enough to include all non-repeating parts.
Rainy
graph

hey rainy...thanks again for the quick answer...

well i increased the value for the right margin and the background of the tooltip is looking good, but iam having trouble with the offset...on some events the offset is just right but on other events its just way off the tip of the mouseindicator...how can i fix that?...is it still a problem with the margins or is it something i can fix by editing the offset values?

thx for your help...i really appreciate it

EDIT: i looked at this problem again and there seems to be an connection between offset and the content of the tooltip...e.g.: if i have an tooltip with the content "work" and another one with the name "meeting with...." than the offset at the second tooltip is bigger than at the first...maybe this is the problem...but i still need a little help
Sebuzahn
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/08/01 17:28 By Sebuzahn.

The offset is relative to the bottom left corner so you need to define the images like in the Shadow4 skin (i.e. the tip in the first image should be on left).
Rainy
graph

well i fixed the image of the tooltip but the problem still exists...i ploaded a image to show what i mean:

i think the problem is not the image but the event that it shows...if it is a even with a long name it's just off...the ones with the short name are pretty much on the indicator...
Sebuzahn
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Have you verified that the arrow tip is in the same corner in all the tooltip images as it is in the Shadow4 skin?
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop