Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How is "weekdays" located?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: How is "weekdays" located?
How is "weekdays" located? 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
I'm trying to do a circular calendar, so i'm using layout="FREE". I've already made it, but i can't show the weekdays in a inner/outer circle.
Is there a way to locate them according to the day location or are they fixed only in the other layouts?

EDIT:
Also, it doesn't show "edit event" with right-click. And if i choose add event, it doesn't matter what day i select, it always shows today.
It's only one XML file using the Shadow4 skin. If i finish it, you can add it...

File Attachment:
File Name: circular.xml
File Size: 2437
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2010/10/16 11:01 By Jorge_Luis.Reason: New info
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How is "weekdays" located? 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
The free layout doesn't support weekdays at the moment. The easiest way to implement it probably would be to have a similar coordinate list as with the days. Would this be enough?

The mouse events don't seem to reach the calendar when the free layout is used. I'll check that.
Rainy
graph

The free layout doesn't support weekdays at the moment. The easiest way to implement it probably would be to have a similar coordinate list as with the days. Would this be enough?
I think to be good enough.
Could the coords (for calendar and for weekdays) be calculated like x,y,w and h? I mean, w="%Calendar_width% - 5" with %Calendar_width% = 500 is parsed to x="495" (at least, it works with this calculations). In that way, i can "rotate" the days (like a dial) to show today on top, although, i'm not sure if i can use %d on the formulas. Maybe if %today_number% = %d, is this valid?

The mouse events don't seem to reach the calendar when the free layout is used. I'll check that.
Thanks.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

The date format cannot be used in the formulas and the values evaluated only when the skin is loaded so recalculation requires a full refresh. However it should be possible to set the coordinates from a lua script which would help with the day placement. I haven't tried that myself so there might be some unforeseen issues but I can check it and create an example for you.
Rainy
graph

Re: How is 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
The date format cannot be used in the formulas and the values evaluated only when the skin is loaded so recalculation requires a full refresh. However it should be possible to set the coordinates from a lua script which would help with the day placement. I haven't tried that myself so there might be some unforeseen issues but I can check it and create an example for you.
What an idea!
As once told you, i know nothing about Lua, but with my little skill from VB, VB.NET and C i think i've made something. (With a help from your previous scripts of course, and Wikipedia for weekday calculation).
I don't know if it's slow to refresh..., because when i try to change "x" and "y" debug says:

16:54:32: [1:03:46.954] WARNING: Unknown field (x) for item (Circular.day21).
16:54:32: [1:03:46.954] WARNING: Unknown field (y) for item (Circular.day21).

So, i had to change "text" instead.

Now the problem is how i know when a day has an event and how to show its icons? (change color will be easy)
File Attachment:
File Name: circular.zip
File Size: 2148
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/10/19 21:48 By Jorge_Luis.

Re: How is 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
I think you should use the calendar element instead normal text since it will take care of the today marker and events automatically. Here's an example which defines the day coordinates with a script. The event handler and weekdays will be available in the next build.
File Attachment:
File Name: circular-b554983fa13422afbb284e77a21dc284.zip
File Size: 1438
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop