Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Custom Categories Support
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Custom Categories Support
Custom Categories Support 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
How do I add Custom Categories Support to my skin?
trembru
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Custom Categories Support 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
Take a look at shadow4.r2skin (change it to .zip) -> xml folder -> elements.xml

Basically, you need to insert on the elements.xml file of your skin this code:
Code:

<categories>
  <category id="Anniversary">
    <appearance target="1" layer="5" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.small.heart" align="TOP-LEFT" showalways="1" offset="-2,-2" />
    <appearance target="22" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.heart" showalways="1" />
    <appearance target="8" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.heart" showalways="1" offset="0, 5" />
    <appearance target="32" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.small.heart" showalways="1" />
  </category>
  <category id="Custom 2">
  </category>
  <category id="Custom 3">
  </category>
</categories>

Change the id for the name of your custom category, and the element for the image you want to show. Also, you should change (or add) an icon for your category.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

I have already done this, and I can use the new category but I need to edit it to Exclude from the events list. To do this I need to Access 'Categories Dialog from the Option/Skin dialog. Currently when doing this I get a Messagebox telling me that the skin does not support Custom Categories and I cannot go any further. I need to know how to access the 'Option/Skin/Categories' Dialog. I have looked at the Shadow4 Skin but have not been able to find out how this is done.
trembru
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I have already done this, and I can use the new category but I need to edit it to Exclude from the events list. To do this I need to Access 'Categories Dialog from the Option/Skin dialog. Currently when doing this I get a Messagebox telling me that the skin does not support Custom Categories and I cannot go any further. I need to know how to access the 'Option/Skin/Categories' Dialog. I have looked at the Shadow4 Skin but have not been able to find out how this is done.
I think you're mixing two different things.
The "Categories..." button on Options->Skins is for edit a category: text color, icon, priority, etc. Is that what you want?
Another different thing is to exclude a category from a skin. To do that, you need to click on "Options" button instead of "Categories..." and in the Filter section select your category on "Excluded Categories".
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2011/03/16 09:13 By Jorge_Luis.

I'm getting a little confused.
What I want to do is to create a new category called 'Information Only' (Done this by adding to 'Elements.xml') and then prevent the item from being listed in the events list, as I only want it to be shown on the calendar. I posted in the Suggestions forum to request an 'information only' option in the events dialog, and one of the replies suggested that I "set a category that the event belong, then exclude the category in the event list". This is what I am attempting to do one way or another.
trembru
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Ok, you have done a new category, the next thing is "exclude the category in event-list".
RightClick > Options... > skins > select "Event List" in the right clumn > Settings... > you will get a new window > see "Window settings" > find "Excluded Categories" > checked [your new category]
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop