Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Auto Window Sizing...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Auto Window Sizing...
Auto Window Sizing... 3 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a new digital clock for myself, but it's based on the digital clock in the Shadow4 skin.

Ok here's what I want to do...

1. Adjust window size depending on fontsize and time format.
2. Keep time centered in window regardless of fontsize and/or format (a string length of the time output would be helpful here).

I'm still trying to understand the positioning system, but I think I have the basics. But what is eluding me is how to take the time format value, and create a useable variable that will give me the string length. Does that make sense?

Could someone point me in the direction of a skin or script that could possibly help me here?

Thanks

Glenn
Mirage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/07/27 10:36 By Mirage.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Auto Window Sizing... 3 Years, 3 Months ago  
Although you can use a script to grab the time-format length, but unable to change the window width and height from the script, so according to time-format length automatically adjusts the window is not possible (at least for now)

If you do not take into account the time-format length, consider only the font-size, can try this way:
(you need to modify 3 files: skin.xml, DigiClock.xml, elements.xml)
Code:

Add following into skin.xml
<variable name="DigiClock_fontsize" default="13" />

Add following into elements.xml
<font id="font.clock" facename="Tahoma" weight="Bold" size="%DigiClock_fontsize%" />

Add following into DigiClock.xml
<window id="DigiClock" w="(%DigiClock_fontsize% * 7)" h="(%DigiClock_fontsize% * 2)" threshold="48" default="0" >
  <time id="DigiClock.time" align="CENTER" x1="(%DigiClock_fontsize% * 7)/2" y1="%DigiClock_fontsize%" element="font.clock" format="%Format%" timezone="%Timezone%" DST="1"/>
</window>

how to take the time format value, and create a useable variable that will give me the string length
Code:

Time_Format = Rainlendar_GetVariable(skin, window, "Format")
  ShowFormat = os.date(Time_Format)
  ShowFormat_len = string.len(ShowFormat)

anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re:Auto Window Sizing... 3 Years, 3 Months ago  
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I'll take a closer look at what you provided when I have more time. But it appears at first glance that it may be what I'm looking for, or at least points me down the right path.

Thanks again, and as I investigate this problem I'll post back. Maybe it could help someone in the future as well.
Mirage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop