Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Questions Questions.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: Questions Questions.
Questions Questions. 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
ANSWERED

1-why when i write a letter after or b4 X=** / Y=** it reset to 0 in both direction ?.

2-why the Thin/Light fonts donít work ?.

3-can i add commands like AntiAlias=1 to the xml or ini ? & what Align=0 means "because wither i add it or delete it nothing change in the skin".

4-for the skin that use fonts ,can i add the font to skin folder and add the path to the ini/xml so i dont need to install the font ?

5-How to convert AppleScript to Lua script ???

6-for the calendar skins ,u can press on a certain number and it displays what event in that day because RL sync with iCal or any other calendar app ,so what about if we changed that to something like a button and assign it to a file MP3,PICTURE,TXT,URL and when u press it ,it opens that assigned file or even better it opens another window or a slider to launch different things like URLS.

7-how to make RL display a TEXT ,i know it could be done on XML ,but simple thing like that why doesnt work in INI ???.

8-can RL play Flash files ???

9-how do u calculate the right permitters for the CX/CY for the rotational clocks ?????

10-the minute meter in the rotational clocks are in constant move ,of-course u cant notice that on the small analog clocks but on the big one its very noticeable ,how to disable this ???

11-how to make a simple clock skin in XML ,that use both Fonts & PNGs ???

12-how to make the seconds image move in constant movement like the minute do ???
*(constant move means it doesn't move like the normal analog clock ,instead its always moving)

13-is it possible to use different (font or font color or image) for pm/am ???

14-how to rotate a font "change its prospective" ???

NOT YET

>> for the syncing option ,we could alter the synced app instead of using iCAL we can use another app maybe like iTunes which means u can turn RL to display a media player skin which syncs everything from that player .

**am trying to find a different ways to use RL and reveal its true power which is much more than just displaying calendars.

Notes:

1-the antialias option could be done only in the XML ,dont know why it doesnt on INI. ANSWERED
2-the aligning option is also done only in the XML it could work in the INI but only effective in the horizontal calendars ,still i dont know why when i enter a letter in the X/Y it resets back to 0. ANSWERED
3-found a way around for the text thing.
nem0
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/03/24 15:08 By nem0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Dont Let UR Dreams be Just .... A DREAMS.
DA

Re: Questions Questions. 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
1- could you give the exact line that has the problem?
2- What do you mean? How are you using the font? Does the font have a light and a bold style (I suppose that yes, but, who knows)?
3- align where? The antialias is an option from the advanced options: "Use antialiased fonts" is a global one.
4- This one I don't know. The one time I use a font I put it outside.
5- What kind of script? Rainlendar runs lua scripts. Check e.g. for "button" in the help. "Global_ShowMonth(-1)" is a lua function stored by Rainlendar. If you have a script with a function, call this function.
6- Rainlendar have an internal function called Rainlendar_Execute(url) , but I it also can run MP3, text files, etc. Not sure about sync.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

1-like in any INI skin ,u write X=100 Y=50 ,i want the element to be locked to the RIGHT so when it expands it expands to the other side ,so i try to add R,L,X...etc and it always reset back to 0.

2-i use a font like CODE LIGHT ,on windows the font looks so thin but on MAC it looks bit thicker ,does it have anything to do with the antialias option or its the OS problem ????

3-actually i don't know what the align option is for because u already add the x=# y=# h=# w=# ,so why do u need this option anyway ?

4-its like rainmeter ,u add the font that skin uses along with the skin folder ,this way the skin works out of the box without any other installation needed.

5-scripts like weather scripts on mac because i asked b4 is it possible to add the weather function to the skin but the answer was that this function is a real pain to integrate so as a way a around i have a weather script and i thought i would add it to RL ,actually i don't know what the difference between the scripts or what they even categorized with .

6-can u write the code for that function ,and how u execute it ,if u can explain it that would be greaaaaaaaat.
nem0
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/11 16:36 By nem0.
DA

1. you need to write: x="100" y="50" align="CENTER-RIGHT"
also, maybe you will need w="30" h="30" (30 is an example, w is for width, h is for height)

2. Its almost impossible to have a font looking the same in 2 or more different OS. Each one has his unique way of showing fonts. (Windows has ClearType for example)

3. Suppose you have an image which change (e.g. weather). You know where you want to put that image, and which is the bigger size. But without alignment it will be always in the upper left corner. In this case, you need the image aligned in the center.

4. I can't answer this one.

5. scripts needs to do something. As I said in another post, the weather scripts downloads the data from Google Weather. Then search for the info and updates the window. Why you don't use directly the GWeather.r2skin? (search for it on this forum).
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

1-i think the aligning work only in some skins ,which have variable images.

2-so its up to the OS as i thought ,thanx for the confirmation.

3-am working on a rotational clock and man this aligning option made a biiiiiiiiiiig difference.

4-i think we need the big eye in the sky to answer that for us .

5-i think i will go with ur advice and use the gweather and try to mod it to my preferances.

6-could u tell me where i can find "Use antialiased fonts" ,i search all the options in RL and i cant find it ,posting a screenshot would be more helpful.

>> i add a couple more questions ,they are the ones in RED could u check them too please,
nem0
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/12 09:02 By nem0.
DA

Re:Questions Questions. 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Ok, you are asking about both xml/ini, but usually them have different setting value. so, please don't mix them.

8-can RL run Scripts ? MP3,PICTURE,TXT,URL ? play Flash files ???
9-how do you calculate the right permmiters for the CX/CY for the rotational clocks ?????
10-the minute meter in the rotational clocks are in constant move ,of-course you cant notice that on the small analog clocks but on the big one its very noticeable ,how to disable this ???

EDIT:
1-the antialias option could be done only in the XML ,dont know why it doesnt on INI.
2-the aligning option is also done only in the XML it could work in the INI but only effective in the horizontal calendars ,still i dont know why when i enter a letter in the X/Y it resets back to 0.

8-Yes, it can. A more easy way is use Event/Task Dialog. there has a field called "Url:", at there, you can type the path of file that you want to run.(only for OS support direct run)
9-I'm not sure what your question is, because cx/cy is defines the center of rotation for the image's x/y coordinate, it is not necessary to calculate, but direct specified the value you like.(only for xml)
10-Disable? you mean don't rotated the minute's image?but it's a clock, why want don't rotated?(only for xml)

EDIT:
1-Because "antialias" option is a newer option for newer-version's RL(use xml), so the old RL(use ini) can not use it.
2-"align=" is defines the alignment of the element.
in xml, the possible values are: "TOP-LEFT", "TOP-CENTER", "TOP-RIGHT", "CENTER-LEFT", "CENTER", "CENTER-RIGHT", "BOTTOM-LEFT", "BOTTOM-CENTER" and "BOTTOM-RIGHT".
and in ini, the possible values are(i remember):"0" = Top-Left, "1" = Top-Right, "2" = Top-Center, "16" = Middle-Left, "17" = Middle-Right, "18" = Middle, "32" = Bottom-Left, "33" = Bottom-Right, "34" = BottomCenter
and you can't add any other characters, if RL had not defined it.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Go to topPage: 123456
get the latest posts directly to your desktop