Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

newbie here - some questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: newbie here - some questions
newbie here - some questions 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
New to Rainlendar. I'm a bit lost, even after reading the FAQs and the help file, so I'm wondering if anyone here can be of help.

1) First of all, I have read that the Rainlendar settings folder is a hidden folder in the under directory, yet even after showing hidden files, I just can't seem to find it. Did anything change under Lion?

2) I'm using the Shadow4 skin. I am wondering if it would be possible to replace the bitmaps by actual fonts (Helvetica on my Mac), while keeping the transparency effect. (I have setup the calendar to become more opaque on mouseover.)

3) Where is the skin file to edit? I have found one in the application package, but since I can't find the setting folder, I have no idea where to look.

4) Does anyone have a nice Moon phase widget that can be added?

By the way, I am trying to replace Yahoo Widgets with Rainlendar. I love that it can be used under Windows and Linux as well. So far I am thrilled with the features, although it's a bit buggy. (Well, I am using the beta afterall.) Right now the events don't show on mouseover until I click somewhere on the calendar. The options windows also sometimes appears under all other windows, and can't be clicked (except for the close button.)

First post, please take it easy on me!
tk421
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: newbie here - some questions 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, tk421.

1) The data is stored in this folders: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq1

2) It's possible to replace the bitmaps with fonts, but you will need a lot of work to keep the same aspect. The Shadow4 skin was made using the free font Fusi. The opaque on mouseover is a general setting, works with any skin.

3) Search for the \skin folder in #1

4) There is a Widget file by the same author of Rainlendar. It has a moonphase widget. www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=6&id=6164 or direct link: www.rainlendar.net/download/Shadow4-Widgets.r2skin-addon
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2012/05/02 20:59 By Jorge_Luis.

Re:newbie here - some questions 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
Thanks for the quick reply!

I've searched the user folder for the setting file, but it isn't there. I show hidden files, but it still isn't anywhere to be found.

I have edited some skin inside the application package though, and the changes do show. Could something have changed in the way the application works on Lion? I'm lost...

I have already installed the moon phase and weather widgets. I would like to edit the skins though (remove the greyish transparent background, and maybe the weather icons). But where would they be? I'm still at a loss as to where the setting folder could be...

Thanks again! I still have much to learn.
tk421
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm not a Mac user, so I can't help you on this side.
Can you search for the file "rainlendar2.ini" in every folder (hidden or not)?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

On Mac the settings folder can also be ~/.config/.rainlendar2 folder if some 3rd party application has created the .config folder before.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop