Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Recommended: a multiple sources of weather widget
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Recommended: a multiple sources of weather widget
Re:Recommended: a multiple sources of weather widget 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
"Select the you own language"

London's weather is this

cus08
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/08/31 10:34 By cus08.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Recommended: a multiple sources of weather widget 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
Last update: 2012-09-13
Changes:
o Add "Yahoo Weather" source.
o Delete "Google Weather" source.
o When select "Yahoo", can input "City (and State) Name", "U.S.ZIP Codes", or "Weather Codes" (like "wc:CHXX0013", if city-name can not working.)

File download:
customize.org/rainlendar/skins/90954
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
Last Edit: 2012/09/13 22:16 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re:Recommended: a multiple sources of weather widget 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
hey anoob ,how is it going ? ,thanx a punch for the heads up on the new sources but i don't know how to integrate it to the weather skin am already using ,i just need to know how to change the source ,
so here is the lua file i use
cl.ly/code/343m2f1Z0r2E
and please if u could edit it and upload it back or at least just point me to where should i change the source. (i only need the yahoo source ,no need for multi sources option)
nem0
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/10/20 23:46 By nem0.
Dont Let UR Dreams be Just .... A DREAMS.
DA

nem0, it's not only modify lua file, also need modify skin.xml (add 2 variables for select source and temperature).
And, I saw the lua file you posted is use Gweather, but Gweather had be closed by Google, so I suggest you change to use another weather skin directly. You can try this (it's a YahooWeather) :
www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=6&id=17902&limit=6&limitstart=6#17981

p.s.: if you still want to do that, tell me. I will find the time to make it.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

anoob wrote:
nem0, it's not only modify lua file, also need modify skin.xml (add 2 variables for select source and temperature).
And, I saw the lua file you posted is use Gweather, but Gweather had be closed by Google, so I suggest you change to use another weather skin directly. You can try this (it's a YahooWeather) :
www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=6&id=17902&limit=6&limitstart=6#17981

p.s.: if you still want to do that, tell me. I will find the time to make it.

thanx for ur quick replay ,i managed to find my away around though ur skin (purple light) the only prob is i want the skin to read the old file names (exp.chance_of_rain , chance_of_storm ,etc... instead of the 0-47 numbers).

ps.ignore the old weather.lua file i uploaded ,if its possible to do the name instead of numbers trick to the new file ,it will be much appreciated.

btw.i think the purple light elements file needs some clean up because it still have the old weather icon names even that it doesn't use it anymore.
nem0
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/10/20 23:46 By nem0.
Dont Let UR Dreams be Just .... A DREAMS.
DA

the only prob is i want the skin to read the old file names (exp.chance_of_rain , chance_of_storm ,etc... instead of the 0-47 numbers). Look at the new skin I mentioned previously, it uses the name like the old name.

btw. i think the purple light elements file needs some clean up because it still have the old weather icon names even that it doesn't use it anymore. You are right, This is because it is also the work of others people entrusted, and he said (wish) maybe gweather will re-open, so keep them.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop