Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Access to calendar name possible
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Access to calendar name possible
Access to calendar name possible 1 Year ago  
After trying some things I am stuck ...

1.) Is it possible to access the name of the calendar in some way? I am doing some experiments with the skins and this would be very helpful. I want to use it in the headline of the task list (you can some sort of GTD-context task list).

2.) Is it possible to show the name of the calender in the event list before the event details? It would be something like "08:00 - 09:00 [work] Morning Meeting"

I am using three different Google Calendars (bought the pro version yesterday!) and as Google does not support any categories ...

Greetings
deffnull
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Access to calendar name possible 1 Year ago  
Welcome to the forum, deffnull.

1) The real question is in which way are you experimenting. If the task list is for all calendars there is no one calendar name. Is it using "include calendars"? Are you using the default calendar only? There are a couple of ways to get the calendar's names, but we need more info on this.

2) You can show the calendar (right click -> options... -> advanced -> event list -> show event calendar) but the order is set internally.

Unfortunately, you're right, Google doesn't support categories. The workaround in Rainlendar2 is to set the "visual category" (right click -> options... -> calendar) and have many calendars as categories you want.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Thank your for the answers.

1) My idea was to create calendars like "@work", "@phone" (all those GTD-contexts). After this a small task list window would be nice with the name of the calender as a headline above it. See it?

If this works, you could create task to a certain context and create day-specific tasks with context.

Example event list:

Events
Today Task 1 (@home)

Example task list

@home
Task 1

@work
Task
Task

2) Hmmm, I was supspecting something like this. Maybe in a future update?

Greetings
deffnull
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I made a year ago an addon for Shadow4 skin to add labeled task lists and event lists. (www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=3&id=16967#16968). That file won't work because it will say to update the skin.
Attached is the same addon but with the version number updated. (is exactly the same).
File Attachment:
File Name: labeled_lists-20657304c306c5fd010fb1be5b9dfc46.zip
File Size: 33423
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Thank you.

Okay, I tried it out ...

You are using a variable to assign a fixed name to the headline. That will work. I just have to create different task lists in my Google calendar and assign them to six or seven windows of my rainlendar.

I'll try to integrate your code into the skin of the tutorial because I am just working with a very minimalistic design. Just an event and several task lists to keep everything in sync with my smartphone.

When everything works fine I'll post a complete solution here ... Or maybe I'll even write an article for the wiki.

Update (three hours later):
Labeled List work fine, but do not work with different lists in Google calendar ... More to come
deffnull
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/04/17 05:04 By deffnull.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop