Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Customization of my "to do" list
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Customization of my "to do" list
Customization of my "to do" list 12 Months ago  
Hi everybody!

I've downloaded this nice application and obsviously I want to customize it. But, I've been trying to change a specific thing for a while, but no results yet.

So, what I'd like to attain is to see my daily task appear in a specific color and when it is done, this very task has to be stricken through by itself.

But the problem is that by default this software gives me only either the color for my daily task and when it's completed, impossible to strike through, or one basic color for my task (white), and when it's completed, it is automatically stricken through.

I have either this: 1) imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/qbkm.png/ or this: 2) imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/t7pq.png/

That's why I'd like to find out how to combine it to choose one specific color for each category and simultaneously to have it crossed out when the task is completed. Here is what I'd like to have: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/kfk5.png/
And this, for the same category.

Here is the code for 1):

Code:

</category>
<category id="Holidays">
      <appearance target="2" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.normal" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" indent="-10" />
      <appearance target="4" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.normal" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" padding="10,0,0,0" />
      <appearance target="16" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.bold" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
      <appearance target="8" layer="0" priority="0" element="font.medium" color="color.holiday" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" padding="15,0,0,0" />
      <appearance target="1" layer="5" priority="2" element="bitmap.icon.small.holiday" align="TOP-LEFT" showalways="1" ignoredefault="1" />
      <appearance target="30" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.holiday" showalways="1" />
      <appearance target="32" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.small.holiday" showalways="1" />
      <appearance target="64" priority="1" element="bitmap.schedule.event.yellow" /> 

Here is the code for 2):

Code:

</category>
    <category id="Health">
      <appearance target="1" layer="5" priority="2" element="bitmap.icon.small.health" align="TOP-LEFT" showalways="1" ignoredefault="1" />
      <appearance target="30" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.health" showalways="1" />
      <appearance target="32" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.small.health" showalways="1" /> 

So, my question is: How to combine these two above codes in order to get on the one hand the color wanted for a specific category and on the other hand to have the task stricken through when it's completed?

Hope that someone can help me . Thanks in advance!
Nate385
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Customization of my "to do" list 12 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, Nate385.

You can also edit the "Todo List" window (todolist.xml).
Change the element from font.normal to font.normalcompleted, as here:
Code:

<completeditem>
          <appearance priority="200" padding="10,0,0,3" element="font.normalcompleted" color="180,180,180,255" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
          <button element="bitmap.todo.item" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="0" y="0" action="Global_ToggleTaskStatus('#GUID#')" tooltip="Mark as needs action" />
        </completeditem>

Then, add this line in elements.xml
Code:

<font id="font.normalcompleted" facename="Arial" size="8" line="STRIKETHROUGH" />
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re:Customization of my "to do" list 11 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Hey, sorry for this late reply, but I've been busy all week long.

So, first, thanks for helping me. Then, I've done what you advised me to do, but it still doesn't work. Here are my new codes:

In the "Todo List" window:

Code:

<completeditem>
          <appearance priority="2" padding="10,0,0,0" element="font.normalcompleted" color="255,255,255,255" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
          <button element="bitmap.todo.item" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="0" y="0" action="Global_ToggleTaskStatus('#GUID#')" tooltip="Mark as needs action" />
        </completeditem>
        <lowpriorityitem>
          <appearance priority="1" padding="10,0,0,0" element="font.normal" color="200,200,255,255" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
          <button element="bitmap.todo.item" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="0" y="0" action="Global_ToggleTaskStatus('#GUID#')" tooltip="Mark as completed" />
        </lowpriorityitem>
        <mediumpriorityitem>
          <appearance priority="1" padding="10,0,0,0" element="font.normal" color="255,200,200,255" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
          <button element="bitmap.todo.item" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="0" y="0" action="Global_ToggleTaskStatus('#GUID#')" tooltip="Mark as completed" />
        </mediumpriorityitem>
        <highpriorityitem>
          <appearance priority="1" padding="10,0,0,0" element="font.normal" color="255,100,100,255" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
        </highpriorityitem>

In short, I've changed the second line of the above code, from font.normal to font.normalcompleted, as advised. But I wonder if I should change something else somewhere else maybe?

Then, in the elements.xml:

Code:

<font id="font.small.upper" facename="Arial" size="6" uppercase="1" />
    <font id="font.normal" facename="Arial" size="8" />
    <font id="font.medium" facename="Arial" size="12" />
    <font id="font.normal.strikethrough" facename="Arial" size="8" line="STRIKETHROUGH" />
    <font id="font.bold" facename="Arial" weight="BOLD" size="8" />
    <font id="font.large" facename="Arial" size="14" />
    <font id="font.large.upper" facename="Arial" size="14" uppercase="1" />
 <font id="font.normalcompleted" facename="Arial" size="8" line="STRIKETHROUGH" />

Here I've added the last line in elements.xml as you said.

Then, I backed up everything and tried it out. And still the same thing (does not work).

May you give me further explanations please? Thanks in advance
Nate385
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Sorry, I'm trying to found a way to achieve what you want, but now I'm thinking that's not possible.
There are priorities. And the priority from Completed is bigger than the categories, and by that all the events will share the same appearence. But if you interchange the priorities, then the events will show the colors but the striketrough will never appear.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Yep I knew that. I had already interchanged the priorities in order to have the colors wanted.

So ok! Nevermind. I'll have to do without it.

And if all of a sudden you come up with a solution, don't hesitate to share it .
Nate385
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Customization of my "to do" list 11 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
There is a not perfect solution :
In completeditem tag (todolist.xml):
1) reduce the priority.
2) add a image, similar a strikethrough line, to cross the default text.
e.g.
<completeditem>
<appearance priority="20" padding="10,0,0,3" element="font.normal" color="180,180,180,255" effect="NORMAL" align="TOP-LEFT" />
<image element="bitmap.tooltip.separator" origin1="CENTER-LEFT" x1="10" y1="0" origin2="CENTER-RIGHT" x2="0" y2="1" scaling="TILE" margins="2,0,2,0" />
<button element="bitmap.todo.item" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="0" y="0" action="Global_ToggleTaskStatus('#GUID#')" tooltip="Mark as needs action" />
</completeditem>

But, it has some limits :
1) the strikethrough line is always cross the window.
2) the task summary can only on one line.
(Of course, you can modify the image to more match what you wants.)
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop