Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

would this work for a skin?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: would this work for a skin?
would this work for a skin? 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I'm new to Rainlendar and I'm still in the process of learning how to use it. After I downloaded it and got a basic understanding of the settings, I spent a long time browsing the different skins. The vertical calendars are the ones I like the most. Elegabt_Vertical Black by L'ubomir Krupa is the one that really caught my attention. I liked the design of it and I mostely like the way it looked on my desktop.

I started thinking about ways to make the skin(Elegabt_Vertical Black) more interesting. I came up with a few ideas and one specifically I think would be good.

A vertical clock...

Here is the way I think it should work. On the side of your vertical calendar(left or right) you have three vertical rows. One row for hours, one for minutes, and one for seconds. There should be 60 boxes aligned vertically inside each row. Except for the hour row should only have 24. As time passes a box would highlight to indicate each second each hour and each minute.

Here's what will make it functional and aesthetically pleasing. If you have an event or task on that day the boxes will have an outline to correspond with the time of that event. Your calendar box would always have an outline to indicate an event on the day. The time boxes would only have an outline if it was a day for an event. And when all the outlined boxes are lit up it will trigger what you have scheduled for that time.

Does this sound like something that would be hard to do? If anybody else likes this idea and wants to do it, be my guest.

I included some screen shots i edited in Photoshop to illustrate ruffly the way it should look. Each light would blink to the next box. So it wouldn't slide. Maybe the hour might slide but not the second and minute.

please leave some feedback I am interested in what you think...
Damon Longstaff
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/01/02 19:29 By Damon Longstaff.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:would this work for a skin? 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
This is just a ruff idea. I think it would look better if the boxes were square instead of rectangle and not so wide. I'm also thinking it would look better if the calendar was on the left side.

Can someone experienced at making skins tell me how hard this would be to do? I'm itching do get started but I don't have a whole lot of free time at the moment.
Damon Longstaff
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/01/03 10:03 By Damon Longstaff.

The clock itself should not be too difficult to create. You would need to separate the hours, minutes and seconds from the time and use them to change the position of the rectangles.

Showing the event time in the clock is a bit more tricky. You can get the events for a specific day through the API but you would have to parse the start time manually. This is somewhat challenging since the time can be either in UTC or in some time zone and with recurring events you also need to take into account if DST should be applied or not.
Rainy
graph

Rainy can you please help me with my clock. Just a nudge in the right direction. Just on how to move an image based off the time output. I'm obsessed with making this damn clock and It's making me a little loony.

I Read through the help file, did the tutorial and spent some time looking at scripts. It was helpful If I was wanting to make a normal calendar. I haven't found an example for what I'm trying to do though. How could I process the output of the time internally inside of the script? What kind of expression would i use to change the position of an image based off the time output?
Damon Longstaff
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/01/06 15:30 By Damon Longstaff.

Suggest you to visit this web : jorgeluis-jorgeluis.deviantart.com/
The author (Jorge_Luis) had made a lot of image_clock, maybe can help you to find the right direction.
Also, after you start to try to write code, if has any question, you can posted/attached your current code, let people know what you are missing and how to answer your question.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

That's great! That is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks a lot.
Damon Longstaff
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop