Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray
Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray 2 Years, 11 Months ago  
I was tweaking the Shadow 4 skin category colors and changing and deleting category names in the elements.xml file. I'm not sure it is related but now I have no icon in the system tray. There was one point where I had open more than one instance of the program while playing around so that's in the mix as well. Any thoughts on how to get it back?
robertm999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Running multiple instances does not affect the tray icon. Try with another skin to see if the problem is in the skin or somewhere else. If the tray icon works with other skins check the <trayicon> in the xml files and verify that the element-attribute points to a correct image. You can also check from the Rainlendar's debug log for possible errors.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
I'm sure it has to do with my tweaks to the elements.xml file. I replaced it with the original and all worked fine again. Are their any instructions on how to safely edit the elements file? I would like to remove all the categories I don't use. I'd also like to add custom colors. I've changed the colors by replacing the colors in the existing event-schedule-color.png files, which works, but of course they no longer correspond to the color names. Thanks,

Warm regards,

Robert
robertm999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
If you haven't done so already read the skinning tutorial from the Rainlendar's help. It should give an idea how the xml files are created. You should be able to edit them quite freely as long as you don't break the xml structure. If something does not work Rainlendar's debug log usually has some error which should give some idea what went wrong.
Rainy
graph

Re:Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi, I have RainCalendar "Version 2.12.2 (b138) 64 bit" installed on "Linux Mint 17 Qiana". Is it posible that the trayicon is no visible in this distribution?. I have another question. In the "Option Manager" I have no tab for hotkeys, is that option available in an specific distribution ?. Thanks.
titocalendar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Rainlendar Icon is missing from the system tray 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
The tray icon does not work on all Linux distros. But you should at least make sure that the skin which you are using has a tray icon and that the icon is enabled (Options->Advanced->"Show tray icon").
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop