Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Categories icon
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Categories icon
Categories icon 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
Hi
Been using rainlendar for years and years now but never made a skin for it so thought i would.

I followed the tutorial in the help file and have a basic working calendar i then started simple and changed the calendar to something more pleasing to me.

The issue i'm having is i cant seem to get my head around targets. I can get my icon for a given category (work) to show up in the Calendar, Event, To do, and tooltip but i cant get it to show up in the list where you select the category when creating the new Event / Task, all i have there is a number and no icon.

Snippet from my elements.xml
Code:

<category id="Work">
<appearance target="1" layer="5" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.blue" align="CENTER" showalways="1" offset="0,-1" />
<appearance target="22" layer="1" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.small.blue" showalways="1" /> 
</category>

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated in getting my head around this.
harpz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Categories icon 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
The list should show the categories as they are drawn on the calendar so I'm not sure why the icon is not visible. If you post the skin I can try to check what's causing the issue.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Thanks for the reply

After some trial and error i got my custom icons to show up, well part of them in the select categories list. Do the categories icons need to be a set size?

I basically have 4 at them moment, Red, Purple, Yellow, Green, there are basically 10x10 pixels squares, i want red in top left, purple top right, yellow bottom right and green bottom left.

i did try making a new icon which was 25x25 pixels and transparent, and then positioning the 10x10 spare where i wanted that also, this worked but wouldn't show up in the cat list.

I did manage to get the squares to show up where i wanted them but when i add another event with the same category they would all move and mess it all up again.

elements.xml
Code:

<categories>
<category id="RED">
            <appearance target="6" layer="1" priority="1" element="font.bold" color="color.white" align="CENTER" />
<appearance target="1" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.red" align="CENTER" showalways="1" offset="0,-1" />
</category>
<category id="PURPLE">
            <appearance layer="6" priority="1" element="font.bold" color="color.white" align="CENTER" />
<appearance target="1" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.purple" align="CENTER" showalways="1" offset="0,-1" />
</category>
<category id="GREEN">
            <appearance layer="6" priority="1" element="font.bold" color="color.white" align="CENTER" />
<appearance target="1" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.green" align="CENTER" showalways="1" offset="0,-1" />
</category>
<category id="YELLOW">
<appearance target="1" layer="0" priority="1" element="bitmap.icon.yellow" align="CENTER" showalways="1" offset="0,-1" />
</category>
</categories>

Calendar.xml
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<skin version="1.0">

<window id="Calendar" w="193" h="210" threshold="48" default="1">
<image element="bitmap.bg" w="196" h="209" x="0" y="0" align="TOP-LEFT" />
<image element="bitmap.bg" w="187" h="40" x="3" y="3" align="TOP-LEFT" />
<month id="Calendar.month" element="font.large" x="6" y="6" align="TOP-LEFT" />
<year id="Calendar.year" element="font.large" x="185" y="6" align="TOP-RIGHT" />

<image element="bitmap.bg" w="84" h="25" x="106" y="181" align="BOTTOM-RIGHT" />

<button id="Calendar.button.home" element="button.home" x="111" y="186" align="BOTTOM-RIGHT" action="Global_ShowMonth('0')" tooltip="Home" />
<button id="Calandar.button.event" element="button.event" x="126" y="186" align="BOTTOM-RIGHT" action="Global_ToggleWindow(Event List)" tooltip="Show Events List" />
<button id="Calandar.button.todo" element="button.todo" x="141" y="186" align="BOTTOM-RIGHT" action="Global_ToggleWindow(Todo List)" tooltip="Show ToDo List" />
<button id="Calendar.button.left" element="button.left" x="158" y="186" align="BOTTOM-RIGHT" action="Global_ShowMonth(-1)" tooltip="Previous Month" />
<button id="Calendar.button.right" element="button.right" x="173" y="186" align="BOTTOM-RIGHT" action="Global_ShowMonth(+1)" tooltip="Next Month" />

<calendar id="Calandar.calandar" x="2" y="19" w="190" h="190" layout="GRID">
<weekdays abbreviate="1">
<appearance element="font.small" color="249, 237, 204" align="CENTER" />
</weekdays>
<days>
<image element="bitmap.day" w="25" h="25" x="1" y="0" align="TOP-LEFT" />
             <appearance layer="0" priority="0" element="font.normal" color="color.white" align="CENTER" />
         </days>
         <today>
<image element="bitmap.today" w="25" h="25" x="1" y="0" align="TOP-LEFT" />
             <appearance layer="0" priority="100" element="font.bold" color="249, 237, 204" align="CENTER" />
         </today>
         <events>
             <appearance layer="0" priority="1" element="font.bold" color="color.event" align="CENTER" />
         </events>
     </calendar>
</window>

</skin>

I know its just my understanding of how this is all works that's stopping me get the required results so any assistance give is very much appreciated.
Attached is sample icon
harpz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2016/09/06 07:53 By harpz.

Current Screen shot of what it looks like attached
harpz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The reason the icons are placed incorrectly in the dropdown is that when Rainlendar generates the images it will set the offset to 0,0 for the icons. This is done because otherwise they can be placed outside the reserved area. I'm not sure why the larger icon with transparent area would not be shown. I would have suggested that as a workaround for the problem...
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop