Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

skin won't install
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: skin won't install
skin won't install 6 Years ago  
I downloaded a Rainlendar skin from Wincustomize yesterday and am having difficulties getting Rainlendar to recognize it. It was packaged in a zip file. I checked to be sure it contained the correct directory structure and then renamed it with the ".r2skin" extension. When I clicked on it, Rainlendar said it successfully installed, and I can see it has been copied to the correct directory in Program Files. I tried Refresh and restarting the program, but no success. What kind of things should I try to troubleshoot the problem? I am using the Rainlendar version that was available for download on this web site yesterday.
gardenerstouch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:skin won't install 6 Years ago  
You cannot rename the the .zip extension to .r2skin. If the zip archive contains a *.r2skin file you can install that separately but if it contains *.ini file(s) it's an old Rainlendar skin which must be manually uncompressed to the Rainlendar's skins folder.
Rainy
graph

hello rainy,
kinda same problem here. I want to install the Shadow4-Widgets skin (from your forum topic) but the zip folder does not contain any .r2skin file... hmmm... I've changed the unzipped folder by adding the .r2skin termination but... still nothing. even if it gives me a "The skin installation failed" message. any sugestions?
regards,
agatho
agatho
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Actually, I thought Rainy did an admirable job answering your question when she answered mine. What you have is an old version Rainy file, which must be unzipped directly into the Rainy skins folder. It won't install automatically like the R2 files and like I found out, just renaming them won't change that. The skins folder can be found here if your system is anything like mine: C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\skins

Oh ya... and thanks Rainy for your assistance. After trying your solution, I ungratefully forgot to come back and thank you!
gardenerstouch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

For some reason Internet Explorer changes the extension of the r2skins and addons to .zip. If this happens with the widget addon you need to rename it back to Shadow4-Widgets.r2skin-addon before you install it. Or you can use e.g. Firefox to download the file which keeps the name intact.
Rainy
graph

Very strange. I must not have run across this extension rename problem because I have always used a download manager instead of IE's native downloader. Now that I am aware of it, I can apprise others of the problem more appropriately. In other words agatho, what Rainy said...
gardenerstouch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop