Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

help with coding
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: help with coding
help with coding 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
I followed the tutorial in the Rainlendar Help file, used the Shadow4 and Chromophore skins as guides and I just cannot get the event list, todo list, and the tooltips to show up. What am I doing wrong? I've attached the skin.xml.

I can get the calendar to work just fine as well as the categories but nothing else.

Also, I want the categories fonts to appear by themselves instead of on top of the regular days. How do I get the day font to go away and just show the category font?

Thanks for the help.
xious
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2008/09/02 20:01 By xious.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:help with coding 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
Sorry, couldn't get the file to attach.
File Attachment:
File Name: skin.txt
File Size: 6143
xious
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There doesn't seem to be any background in your event and task lists so you have to have some events in them before you can see anything in the screen.

To get rid of the day font set the categories on the same layer as the normal day appearance but with higher priority.

If you cannot get the things to work please attach a fully working skin (with graphics and all) and I'll take a closer look at it.
Rainy
graph

I finally got it to work. I was pulling my hair because I just couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. After a few hours, it dawned on me to check if I had the newest release. I was still running v2.3, so that's why I couldn't get anything to work. Once I updated to the new release, everything worked like it should.

Thanks for the help on the layer thing. May I ask what the target attribute in the categories element does? I pretty much know what target=1 and target=30 does, but I don't know what the others do (2, 4, 8, 16).
xious
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2008/09/09 11:04 By xious.

From the help:

target - Defines the target item(s) where the appearance is used. The possible values are: 1=Calendar, 2=EventList, 4=TodoList, 8=Alarm, 16=Tooltip. You can also combine the values by adding the numbers together. For example if you want to use the same appearance in the event and todo lists as well as in the tooltips you'd set the target to 22 (=2+4+16). This attribute is used only in category element.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop