Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Todo List modification
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Todo List modification
Todo List modification 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
I would like to create a button for each item in the Todo list that would call a Lua script that would start and stop a timer(like a stopwatch). Is this possible?
The goal would be to accumulate the time spent on each item for project management purposes. Is there a unique ID for each item in the Todo list and can I access it?
I would like to display the accumulated time, possibly in the Tooltip. Can I change the text that appears in the second line of the Tooltip?

I have been experimenting with Lua scripts and the Skins, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
Southward
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Todo List modification 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
The #GUID# keyword can be used in the function parameter which is triggered by the button. It will be replaced with the event's identifier when the function is called so you'll know which button was pressed. However at the moment it's not possible to edit the contents of the events or tooltips with the lua scripts so showing the time in the tooltip cannot be done.
Rainy
graph

Thanks for the help. I am able to call my function and pass in the Guid. If I can't store the accumulated time in the Todo item, I would like to store it in a text file. I can store the time and the Guid.
How do I retrieve the correct item in the todo list based on the Guid?
Southward
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There is no function for that. You probably have to wait until I have time to make it possible to edit the events through the lua API before something like this can be done.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop