Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sync via Dropbox - Different Path for Default.ics
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Sync via Dropbox - Different Path for Default.ics
Sync via Dropbox - Different Path for Default.ics 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hello,
i love Rainlendar, but i have a "problem" when syncing Calendar between different Laptops.
On each Laptop i have a different Path to Dropbox/Rainlendar (because of Company Laptop), therefore i have to switch the Calendar Path everytime i use another Laptop.
Is there any possibility to use a "file link" which can be configured on any laptop with respective path or are there any other possibilities?

Thx
Chris
fitnesschris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sync via Dropbox - Different Path for Default.ics 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, Chris.

I'm think I understand your problem.
Did you try using portable installation (see FAQ)? In this way, all the files are stored in the same place as the app, and the paths are always relative instead of absolute.

EDIT: I mean, install it portable on your Laptop, not using a USB stick.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2012/06/15 17:20 By Jorge_Luis.

I installed it "portable" on Dropbox Folder. There i don't see any option for relative path? When i have to select location of Default.ics, i just can choose absolute Path!?
fitnesschris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you don't define any path for the Default.ics file Rainlendar will try to load it from its settings folder (i.e. from the same place where the rainlendar2.ini file is located).

Usually you don't put the executable to the Dropbox folder but just the Default.ics file. Rainlendar is installed separately on each computer you use and configured to use the Default.ics file from the Dropbox folder. That way each computer can have its own settings which is useful e.g. if you need to have the calendar in different places on different computers.
Rainy
graph

Ok, i understand.
I will try this, but the "problem" is that i have to copy/configure the .ini file on every new host. But this shouldn't be so often.

Thanks for your fast support!!
fitnesschris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Sync via Dropbox - Different Path for Default.ics 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
If you don't define any path for the Default.ics file Rainlendar will try to load it from its settings folder (i.e. from the same place where the rainlendar2.ini file is located).

Usually you don't put the executable to the Dropbox folder but just the Default.ics file. Rainlendar is installed separately on each computer you use and configured to use the Default.ics file from the Dropbox folder. That way each computer can have its own settings which is useful e.g. if you need to have the calendar in different places on different computers.

Rainy, I recently made a dual boot with Win7 and Ubuntu. I already have installed Rainlendar in Windows but not in Ubuntu. Now I see that, even in the same PC, I need to duplicate the user folder.
Which would be better in this case, install it in Ubuntu using Wine and running it portable? or what else?
I was thinking in adding something like the profiles.ini file from Firefox in the user folder, to redirect it to another place. What do you think?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop