Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Tray icon doesn't change when day changes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Tray icon doesn't change when day changes
Tray icon doesn't change when day changes 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Dear Rainlendar Dev Team,

I just noticed that Rainlendar's tray icon "forgets" to change to the actual date after midnight (see the example below, atm it should show "26", but instead it keeps showing the original date "25", which was the true when the program has been started, but not now).

Screenshot:

SW: Rainlendar 2.10 b120 (32bit)

Any hope that this issue will be fixed / should i change some option in the Configuration dialog?

Best regards,
Bluestar
Bluestar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tray icon doesn't change when day changes 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, Bluestar.
This bug (?) appears some time ago, but it's just a specific problem, I mean, it can't be traced to all PCs.

www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=4&id=11444#11444
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

@Jorge_Luis: Thanks for your quick response & welcome.

Oh, so it's a known issue since many years... i guess theres not so much chance for it to be fixed then.

The interesting thing is even if i right click on Rainlendar's tray icon, and choose the "Refresh" item, it refreshes the Rainlendar-related things on the desktop as it should, but the tray icon keeps showing the false date, instead of a "refreshed" one...

Is refreshing the tray icon implemented regarding the click event on "Refresh" popup item, or it doesn't affects it at the moment?

One more info: if i remember right, i was running a fullscreen application before the clock turned midnight (namely OpenLieroX)... unfortunately i don't know what kind of rendering it uses, but definitely not OpenGL - though i'm not sure if it has something to do with the issue or not...

Best regards,
Bluestar
Bluestar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/26 16:30 By Bluestar.

Win XP SP 2.

I am a recent user. I ran into this problem immediately. I hibernate my machine every night, before midnight, so it is in hibernation when the date changes. It changes the date in the tray icon some of the time, but after a few days it does not change it.

As has been mentioned, the only way to change the date seems to be to exit the program and restart it. Not a big deal, but in the morning I want to look at the tray and see the date with confidence.

Let me take the opportunity to thank everyone who contributes to this great program.

Best Wishes, Bob
taylor1357
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I've managed to reproduce the issue in one laptop so I've been able to look into this some more. The problem is that for some reason Windows just stops updating the tray icon after the computer wakes up from sleep. No matter what I do the the icon will not get updated. During the refresh Rainlendar will remove the icon and create a new one but that does not help. I even tried to remove the icon just before the computer is suspended and adding it back after resume but that didn't help either. Even if Rainlendar is closed the icon will still stay in the tray until the mouse is hovered over it which will cause a forced update.

So, this looks like some weird bug either in the framework library I'm using or in Windows for which I have not found any workarounds.
Rainy
graph

Re:Tray icon doesn't change when day changes 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
Bluestar,

I am having the same problem. This started happening about a month ago as well. I see your in a similiar situation. Have you been able to figure anything out? I am at a loss as of now. The only way I can get it to work is to exit program and restart Rainlender.

Regards,
T
Tension
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop