Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Option to display Google 'Flair' icons?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Option to display Google 'Flair' icons?
Option to display Google 'Flair' icons? 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
Sorry if this is old news but I've just discovered that there's a 'flair' option available in Google Calendar labs that allows you to assign icons to events. At the moment there's only a very limited number of icons to choose from but it's better than nothing.

The obvious request... can you add the ability to display these Google 'flair' icons in Rainlendar?
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Option to display Google 'Flair' icons? 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
I can take a look at this but I'm not making any promises. Currently there is no functionality to assign icons to events in Rainlendar (except via categories but this is a different thing) so this is not a trivial thing to add. I'm also not sure if the Google calendar actually gives out those icons through its API.
Rainy
graph

Re: Option to display Google 'Flair' icons? 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
Thanks for looking into it. It can't be easy on a 'Labs' feature as it must be liable to change.

A couple of thoughts about how I'd hope it would work (better to ask before you implement it rather than after)...

1 - If it comes down to the choice of using the Google icons or a user's own, then I'd very much prefer to use my own (I rarely view my calendar via Google, I usually see it via Ranlender).
2 - Ideally, I'd like them to appear in the same way as category icons, i.e. at the start of the line in the event window and (optionally), in the calendar window.
3 - Oh, and in colour too please rather than the grey scale of the category icons.

In case it's of any use for testing, I created a set of icons some years ago for use with the mobile calendar software I use (called AquaCalendar). I would hope to be able to use them (or some version of them) with Rainlender and add to them as and when I require a new icon.

If they're of any use to you, feel free to make use of them. The final ones are the 12x12 versions available here. The cyan backgrounds are meant to be transparent. If you need them in some other format, just let me know.
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop